Useful Links for Authors & Artists
Resources for Self-Pubishing Authors:
- Copyright Registration – You can register your copyright online with the US Copyright Office yourself (through the link above)… or you can pay an online Copyright Service company to do the registration work for you. Just Google search for “copyright service”.
- Official ISBN Agency for USA Authors – USA Authors can get your official ISBN Number here. ISBNs are assigned to publishers and self-publishers to identify the title of their book, and the ISBN also enables the publisher to be contacted for ordering purposes. It is not a bar code.
- Library of Congress Control Numbers (LCCN) – This is the number that is printed on the back of your title page in the following manner: Library of Congress Control Number: 2001012345. There is no charge for registering, but the you must apply for the LCCN prior to publication.
- Print On Demand (POD) Companies:
- FineArtAmerica.com – This is where I sell some of my drawings and paintings… so look at my Fine Art America online store and see if this artist’s storefront concept works for you.
- LuLu.com – Offers self-publishers options from editing, cover design, formatting, to publishing and marketing.
- IUniverse.com – Features self publishing book packages with different combinations for self publishing, editorial, and marketing services.
- CreateSpace.com – Helps you prepare and publish your book right now instead of waiting for agents and publishers.
- Short Run Book Printing:
- 48HrBooks.com – Two days is their NORMAL turn-around time for printing perfect bound books. Hard cover and coil bound books take 5 days for printing.
- Go-Publish-Yourself.com – Offers short run, print on demand, and offset book printing.
- PrintToPress.com – Quick printing with 48-72 hour turnaround, no minimum and no setup fees.
Resources for Artists:
- Sell Your Original Art Online:
- CafePress.com – Upload your design and pick the products you want to sell (with your artwork on it). Set up you store, and they do the rest – print, package, and ship your products. They send you a check. Incredible!
- Etsy.com – Affordable and easy to set-up online store for your original artwork and hand-crafted items. Lots of traffic. Perfect for artists and crafts people.
- ArtBreak.com – Upload your art to this online gallery. Fine art, drawings, etc. Commission free!
- Have Someone Else Sell Your Art For You:
- How To License Your Art To Manufactures – How did Mary Engelbreit make REAL money from her artwork? She licensed her original art to manufactures. Learn how art licenses work in this article.
- Get Into The Greeting Card Business – Want to make and sell your own greeting cards to a distributor? Discover how and what you need to do here.
- Make Prints of Your Art & Sell Your Prints:
- Artists Print Services – Need high-quality prints of your fine art for resell… printed on custom made archival paper. Keep all of your original art –because it will be worth more when you are famous– and just sell your artist prints (over and over again!)